Friday, July 23, 2010

Czesć!

Welcome to my exchange blog!

Here you will find updates and information about my year abroad in Kielce, Poland. My hope is that using this blog will allow me to share my experiences and thoughts while on exchange with you.

This blog has dual purposes. The primary purpose is to keep you updated on what is happening in my life - host families, school, learning Polish, travels - record keeping. The second purpose is based on a need for reflection, to process how I'm changing and my thoughts on where I am and where I'm headed - the larger picture.

I welcome and would really really like comments and questions. It keeps me motivated to write if I know someone is reading!

I am extremely grateful to all of the incredible people in my life who have supported me in this process, for what a process it has been, and I'm sure, will continue to be. dziekuje bardzo

I am about to start off on a journey of a lifetime - will you join me?

3 comments:

  1. Hi! Fantastic blog! I have always loved Poland and I'm considering exchanging there very soon. I stumbled across your blog through cultures-shocked. I hope you keep it updated! :) I would love to know how your Polish ends up being, it's a beautiful language I would love to learn. Anyway, have an amazing trip, I'm so jealous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mariah!! Ahhhh I love this! I just read through all of the posts...I loved the ones from the orientations :) It's funny to think that at one time we were counting down the months, and now we're counting days. Good luck chica! Catch you on the flip side!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mariah!
    Life is so funny. I am currently working on a presentation that I will give to about 100 young people who are volunteering abroad this year. The topic is Self Care! I know you will be great in that area. Be kind and patient and tender with yourself and your needs. Ask us for what you need (books, peanut butter, more messages). Thinking of you,
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete